Bad volt drop

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I understand, and get it bro. But "resistance" isn't his problem imho. I like "over kill" on somethings. Maybe you haven't seen the builds I've had, or have, or have worked on. Ideal is having as many runs that will carry what your throwing out. Which he is already going "over kill" with 1/0 wire that can easily carry 3 times the amount he can even put out. More cable in this situation is not the repair/fix. 

Adding 47 8/0 runs is a waste of time and money, which to this member, seems to be important. He doesnt seem to have money to burn on silly shit, showing no helping results.  I get what your trying to say, but, he would be wasting money and yielding zero results. It's pretty apparent he is only running one alt. I  had that feeling he wasn't turning on both from his first post. Dropping to 9s. Jesus.  Turning on both is the fix from where I sit

. My other question is why is he even running 2. One alt, made by a reliable builder (Singer, us alts, mechman) would shit all over the two he has both at idle and Rev, and be 89 times easier. But he has the two turds, and I'm trying to help with what he has now.  Just where I'm sitting. Which is a bar stool at the moment. I don't know if you took my post like I was jumping up your ass. I wasn't. You'll know when I do. Like a few others on the forum, you may just have to get to know me a bit better.  Every post I've dropped in this thread, where I'm sitting has been the most helpful for the OP.  

Good point. I was just makin a suggestion, i didnt know if it would help or not, just thrownin out ideas i thought might be somewhat relative and helpful.

I ran 2 because I was hoping, figured it would not work but hoped that 2 stock alternators would work, and I made a bracket up real fast and bolted the spare I had laying around on. Bu that is not working as planned, and I will probably just buy keep my dual setup, aND buy 2 good 300 amp alternators as I plan to run 4 hdc3 18s and 2 crescendo encore 4500s. I'll take a picture tomorrow but you'll have to forgive the mess I literally threw it all together in a few hours, I'm very impatient unfortunately and this hobby seems to require patience l

Ive now changed it to 1 ad244 and 1 cs130d, and I have both plugged up now,  alot better but still dropping to 11 or so, I'm gonna have to get a digital gauge so I know exactlywhere I'm at. But I figure I'll order a 300 amp alternator tomorrow and keep the factory ad244 and replace the cs130d with new alt and it should be good for now. Also is it bad for the subs to play at low voltage/ anything below 12? I was playing them today and it dropped and started to smell something not sure if it was the paint on the box or the subs? ??

Archived