Sonic Electronix

Bought a jasper jig on amazon for 36.86$ and bought myself a makita router rto701c. so i checked jaspertools.com to see if the jig fit and it never came up as a compatible router but they have like a diagram of routers to fit but when i tried the closest way to fit the jig on the router it seems to be at an angle or slight crooked to it my question is if there is going to be a performance issue with it being a bit crooked not making my cuts exact to what the jig is trying to cut? anyone have any sort of experience with the jasper jig and uses it a lot to know if i can use the jig still or sadly buy a new router?

b4b33bfa6155ae25095f23652b269090.jpg

+1 to what strangeduck said.

I've used several different routers on my Jasper jig, some of them are canted like how yours is, it doesn't matter, it still cuts a perfect circle.  I use the hell out of my jig.  

FYI, it can be handy to take a fine-tip pen and write the diameters on the top of the jig.  Makes it easier to get the pin in the right hole. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

48 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

FYI, it can be handy to take a fine-tip pen and write the diameters on the top of the jig.  Makes it easier to get the pin in the right hole. 

probably the best piece of advice ever given in regards to a jasper jig.

looks like you bought a compact router (same thing i just did trying to save some cash) anyways its made for full size plunge routers. (i didnt know this until i bought it either or i would have spend the extra 40-50 on a full size router)

What i did was use the centering too, found 1 hole that lined up bolted that in, then drilled a hole in my router base that matched up with the pre drilled holes in the jig and used a nut and bolt to hold it in place, been working great for me

Archived