Sonic Electronix

1 RCA Plugged in is Louder then Both!?!

Not sure if I am even posting in the Correct place or what.   I have a Couple issues.

Anyways I have 2 Issues, First I have noticed that my subs will not hit low AT ALL they sound like a cock and balls being flapped my a big fart and it pisses me off no matter what Setting I have on my amp or Head unit set to and it's just annoying It sounds OKAY but songs that hit low just absolutely suck. I wanna assume its because I have an Under power Class AB Amplifier? It's a Power Bass 600x2 RMS I have it Bridged and the Subs I have are a pair of Planet Audio AC12D subs in a Ported Box designed a guy I knew name Pete he owned PWK Designs and the Subs are wired at 4 ohms and like I said I have it bridged to the Amplifier.  I'm running 4 Gauge Wire from the Battery to the Amp by the way.  I wired it all hooked it all and stuff just I guess this amp has been over powered way to much for way to long?  The subs are Shockingly decent for the Price.

The latest Issue is that the subs hit WAY harder when I disconnect 1 RCA Jack... Then and for the past 2 weeks I have been dealing with this annoying issue where the amplifier cuts out for a second (Does not go into Protect Mode) because I watched the Light it just goes blank for like I'd say a millisecond and comes back only when hard bass notes come along. It's annoying I'm at the point of ripping out all of this shit and starting over.  

I wanna do a AC5000 Planet Audio Amp and a set of CVR 12" Comp R's and a DEH-8600 Head Unit... Should I just do that and rip this garbage out?

Check to make sure you have the amp bridged correctly. Sounds like one channel is out of phase if one RCA is louder than two. As far as the amp losing power when the bass hits, it sounds like the voltage at the amp is going low enough to turn it off. Do the big 3 and replace the 4awg with something bigger like 1/0. As far as upgrades go you should go through some of the builds here to get an idea.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Thanks guys. I have Figured out that actually one of my RCA jack (Out) from the head unit does not even got any Signal output.  However what I did do as a "Temp Fix" is and hopfully you understand what I did here is I used another RCA cable as a "Jumper Wire" connected the Amplifier from (Out Left) and plugged it into (In Right) which would be the "non working one from the head unit/Right one unplugged and leave dangling for now" but now it sounds like it has full power and hits low and hard even thought it's running now basically Mono from the Left Channel. 

So my Head unit I believe is the Culprit possibly because I as both of you said (I may have been running it out of Phase) for a while, and I think I might have damaged the Head Unit and burned out the Right Channel.

I re grounded the Amplifier and cleaned all of the connections and seems to be alright. 

And my bad on the Head Unit I stated before I meant to say the one I have been Eye Balling is the (Pioneer DEH-6900BT) as for the amp I wanna use is a  (Planet Audio ACD5000 / 2500 RMS Amp) with two 12" CVR Comps. But for now till I get those I'll run it how it is I guess.  I will for sure look at other builds first and get a better idea. Thanks for the Info.

Archived