Second Skin Audio

Dc 's Are Coming Building A Box This Week , Need A Little Advise On Resin And Glue

Well im building a box for my 2 dc lv3 12s this week And had 3 pretty simple questions, but i just havent built a box in forever it sliped the mind :)

1) What kind of resin would you get for rounding all the corners inside the box ( or is it even worth doing? )

2) titebond.. 2? or 3 ?

3 when rounding off the edges with a roundover bit what size would you use? i was assuming a 3/4" roundover but im guessing wrong ;P

thanks

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

1. ive seen allot of people use the bondo brand fiberglass resin like this mvc313fxx0.jpg

and you may need some mekp (not sure because the bondo can says it has hardner)

2. titebond 2

3. 1/2

4. wifes phone number plez ;)

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

1. ive seen allot of people use the bondo brand fiberglass resin like this mvc313fxx0.jpg

and you may need some mekp (not sure because the bondo can says it has hardner)

2. titebond 2

3. 1/2

4. wifes phone number plez ;)

I deffinitally agree. That resin is good! I would resin the whole box for strenght and I got a a db and a half out of it due to a smoother surface in the box to help create more air flow.

great thanks alot guys . that ws the exact resin i was looking at .. So this being the first box w resin ive built, how long does it take to set

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

great thanks alot guys . that ws the exact resin i was looking at .. So this being the first box w resin ive built, how long does it take to set

Usually takes a day or 2 depending on the temp that its setting in. The warmer the better. I had mine sitting overnight in 30 degree weather and it was about half way dry and then too it and let it sit out in the sun that day and that night after work it was dry and ready to do and super smooth!

Usually takes a day or 2 depending on the temp that its setting in. The warmer the better. I had mine sitting overnight in 30 degree weather and it was about half way dry and then too it and let it sit out in the sun that day and that night after work it was dry and ready to do and super smooth!

good deal.. So it takes a few days im assuming if you want to round all the corners?? kinda sucks but im not in a hurry yet since my subs arent even hear yet :( .. how much resin should i get then? box is small. 3 cubes

good deal.. So it takes a few days im assuming if you want to round all the corners?? kinda sucks but im not in a hurry yet since my subs arent even hear yet :( .. how much resin should i get then? box is small. 3 cubes

I resined the inside to smooth everything out to help create more air flow, make box stronger and seal all little air leaks that makes a huge difference.

lol.. thats not the wife that all started a while ago .. Then someone said is that gf , n i said naa its the wife .. Its a ex who i still talk to .. Shes living in NYC now..

But anywho... how much resin do i need?

Rather then just using resin I would cut 45's out of mdf and then lay matt on top of that, it will save on resin. And allso if you mix your resin right it doesnt take too long to dry, mine normally is dry with in 2-4 hours depending on the weather.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)