Sundown Audio

amp placement ideas

youdoofus

So, I have a 2002 accord sedan and im running 2 rockford P3 12”s in a prefab atrend sealed box. Plans were to build a custom box with the ports firing thru the ski hole, but that obviously hasn’t happened. I have a SQ 2200.1 powering them, but it fried (for the second time) and its been pointed out on other forums that the 4 gauge power wire I used for it and the big 3 are insufficient. Im going to get some 0 gauge welding wire to replace the 4 gauge ofc stuff I currently have, but I fear that, with everything ive read, that putting in back on the back of the sub box will insure its death again. What suggestions do you guys have for mounting it once its fixed and the wiring is upgraded? Im just tired of my rookie mistakes causing my own financial nightmare with this thing.

A lot of people mount it on the box. With a properly made box you shouldn't have issues. I don't know about  atrend. Some rubber washers might reduce issues. Other people don't recommend it. Kind of a toss up I gyess

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Well it didnt help that you ran insufficient wire size so that might be a issue.Why not mount the amp on the back seat?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived