Matty513

Saz5k or 2 scv3k's

4 posts in this topic

Im kind of at a crossroads at the moment building my new setup. I have a dc level 6 18 and not sure how I want to power it.  I currently have an scv3k from my last set up amd am not sure if I should buy a second and just strap them @.5 each and call it a day or sell it and buy a 5k. Sub is obviously dual 2. My electrical is a singer 220, 2 runs skyhigh 1/0 ofc, d3400 under the hood and 2 deka g31 agm's in the back. I plan to send my alt back to singer and have it rewound and rebuilt to 320 amp VERY soon. Just wondering if you guys had any insight and what your thoughts were. Box is 5.5 @32 if it matters. Thanks!

Having more power on tap is a good thing so I would do  two 3k strapped.

Probably cheaper up front just to buy another 3k anyway. Thanks for the response man. You think my electrical is up to par for all that?

Even with the 320 you might need a few more batteries. Get a good volt meter and hook it up to the amp inputs. With my system I can play 3 or four songs full tilt going down the road before it starts to get into the low 12 volts and then I turn it down to recharge to stay safe. The amperage goes up tremendously when you go below 12v. The 320 will surely help. Put the amps and volt meter in and see what it does. If you haven't done the big 3 that would be good too.