[Sold] 2000 Walled Suburban 12 SA 15s in a 6th order B-Pillar

2 hours ago, RedFred said:

Thanks for the compliments fellas 1f600.png I'm really looking forward to dipping this vehicle. It's nice to have a little beater where you don't care if it gets scratched, or has codes flying everywhere, etc.

Just pull out a tool and cut it up with no remorse.

As for living in the South, I'd never make it. It's only like 95 here and I refuse to work on this stuff until after 8pm. Too hot.

Love this Suburban, and your work so far on it!!!

How is the suspension holding up with the weight of that monster wall? And if you don't mind, what's your gas mileage? Yeah, yeah I know....it's about Smiles per gallon.

This makes me want to go B-Pillar now. :D

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

3 hours ago, zack_e89 said:

Love this Suburban, and your work so far on it!!!

How is the suspension holding up with the weight of that monster wall? And if you don't mind, what's your gas mileage? Yeah, yeah I know....it's about Smiles per gallon.

This makes me want to go B-Pillar now. :D

Well all 4 shocks on the vehicle are completely shot.

In the rear it has some bigass air bags, so it actually handles the weight pretty well.

Got all the tires up around 42 PSI, and the only time I even know I have a load is when I go around corners too fast, or swap lanes. In those circumstances the vehicle sways quite a bit.

MPG is about 25% worse than my dad's 2001 suburban with no load. He gets about 450 miles per tank (17 MPG) , this suburban gets about 350 miles per tank (13 MPG).

Not thread jacking this thread about weather.  I painted (stained ) a 6 foot fence yesterday today I feel like a piece of cooked toast . It's gets HOT . Got to go back at hear in a minute .

Also something to be able to cut up and have at it is awesome !!! . My new to me Jeep I can't do that until down the road.  Wasn't bashing you. I'll deal with the heat and you deal with the rust.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:50 AM, 2loud4uboyz said:

Not thread jacking this thread about weather.  I painted (stained ) a 6 foot fence yesterday today I feel like a piece of cooked toast . It's gets HOT . Got to go back at hear in a minute .

Also something to be able to cut up and have at it is awesome !!! . My new to me Jeep I can't do that until down the road.  Wasn't bashing you. I'll deal with the heat and you deal with the rust.

I'm aware you weren't bashing lol. I'll probably be moving to Texas once I graduate anyways.

My Taramps 10.9k arrived today! Quite a bit bigger than I expected for some reason.

SJB5fgyl.jpg

And since these Brazilians are known to not like low impedances, I wanted to double check that I understood all of the subwoofer wiring in the vehicle.

So out came the false wall, and one sub placeholder, so that I could double check everything.

t6BhSSUl.jpg

FDcbh7Gl.jpg

oSYc0Szl.jpg

Now it's confirmed that these are all D2, and I actually understand the mess of wire lol.

I think I'm going to wait until my recones are in and finished before I put on the amp. So yeah I won't have a good scientific method of changing 1 thing at a time, but who really cares.

Right now I'm deciding if it's worth keeping all the highs and mids on the rear wall, or if I should sell them and put that money towards something else.

I vote to keep 'em!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

5 minutes ago, BP1Fanatic said:

I vote to keep 'em!

My only worry is trying to keep this new amp cool.

With the other 2 since they were only $120 amps and like 1800w each, I didn't care if I overheated or protected or even killed them. (and I did send them into protect probably 5 times since I've owned the vehicle)

I don't feel the same way about the Taramps though lol.

So my recones arrived today which was pretty exciting! Shipping for them came a lot faster than past yard sale items ever did.

I went out and decided to test only one subwoofer today so that if I made any mistakes I wouldn't ruin both.

pfWLC3cl.jpg

PUg4KELl.jpg

0RNs74Xl.jpg

qEZzboMl.jpg

When I asked my dad for a couple clamps, this is what I got.

Anyways, hopefully it'll be up and playing tomorrow and I didn't mess it up too badly.

The entire process took about 2 hours, since I didn't know where the proper tools were, and decided just to use makeshift junk instead of finding them.

Just some more minor updates

Got the first sub finished, tested and it plays great! (yeah I'm surprised it worked since it was my first time reconing).

Loading it into the wall by myself actually wasn't that bad.

a73fEUPl.jpg

I wasn't given the gasket with the blown subs, so it doesn't look quite right ?

Then while we waited, we did some more backyard bodywork. I didn't take a before picture this time, but here's one from the day I brought it home:

y6TgL0Ol.jpg

and now:

N42lcp7l.jpg

aDHzD0vl.jpg

k68RmOKl.jpg

Still gotta finish debadging it, find a pair of tinted tail lights that work with barn doors, plasti-dip it, etc.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll load up the last sub, wire up the Taramps 10.9k, and do some metering.

Looks good! I've never reconed a sub b4.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived