Second Skin Audio

Hello, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone would have any plans for a subbox for a Skar audio evl 12. I will be building it myself. The box will be going in a 09 GMC sierra crew cab. Im  not doing the under the seat type box due to the size of the sub. I will be flipping up the seat. The specs of the sub are as follows: Ported Volume : 2.00 ft^3,Port Area : 24 sq.in.,Port Length : 21",Tuning Frequency : 32 Hz,Displacement : 0.15 ft^3,Mounting Depth : 7.75",Cut-Out Diameter : 11.25",Magnet Diameter : 7.35". All specs for the sub came directly from the Skar website. I am good with wood working and building, just not the best with math or plan designing so I will say thanks in advance for any and all help on the box plans. thanks Rusty

How much power are you going to be running?  

What are the max dimensions of the space you have to work with?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

hey thanks for the reply. im not currently at home where I can measure my max space. Im out of town for the next @ weeks. I do have the dimensions of the generic ported box that it is currently in if that will help things. as long as I can keep it around what I have I will be good. The dimensions of my current box are as follows :Gross Cu. Ft. 2.90 Net Cu. Ft.2.40 (Tuning 43Hz) Speaker hole cutout 11.12"

• (W) 30.00" x (H) 14.75" x (D) 14.75" - Vent (W) 2.75" x (H) 13.25" x (Deep) 16.50"

The size of the box is fine by me, I do wish I could make it shorter and fatter but get the desired volume for the skar, but as long as its in the ballpark I can make it work since it will be going in the rear of the sierra crew cab. thanks agin for the reply

Hello again. I managed to have my son get some measurements for me and snap a pic of my current box. They are as follows:

From front seat to back seat I have 18.5 inches

from side of backseat to the passenger door 21 inches.

top to bottom I have about 30 inches. 

Those box dimensions sound small for the skar. Especially with the port that will be needed. Please measure the maximum available space that you have to work with. The whole space might not be needed but it makes it easer to put the sub and port where they need to go sometimes.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

OK, here is a suggestion.

2.25 cu ft net

32 Hz tuning

40 sq in port area

External dimensions 18.5" D x 21" W x 20.25" H.  All panels except the left and right sides are 17" wide.  

1.PNG

3.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

13 minutes ago, Rusty B said:

hey Triticum I really appreciate the info. One last question. What would be the best material? MDF or Plywood? Thanks Rusty

Which ever you prefer. Both can be used to build a good box.  Good plywood is better than MDF, but MDF is better than crappy plywood.  

Builds:

Archived