Second Skin Audio

Three 8" subs with one slot port

dbmachine

I've got 3 image dynamics 8" ID model subs. The spec sheet recommends that each 8" can be put into a ported box of .6 cu ft tuned to 34hz. Using a 2" diameter round port that is 12" in length. I wanna make a enclosure under the seat of my 2017 f150 crew and have the 3 subs facing the windshield and having a single slot type port on the side of the box facing the passenger rear door. Can you guys help me out as to what the area of the single port needs to be and how long to accommodate all 3 subs together. 

IMG_2957.PNG

2" round port has an area of 6.28 so do I just multiply that number times 3 for a total of 18.85" and make the slot port have an area of 18.85" and keep it the same 12" length as the round ports? Just a little confused being my first enclosure where 3 subs share a common chamber with one port. Any clarification is most appreciated.

i would try something much more agressive, 2" aero will have almost no output and tons of port noise depending on a few factors, i would do 3 c/f and a 6" aero 19" long if you can fit that box, if you wanna keep it under "manual" recommended box size, i would do  2.1 c/f  and about 25 SQ of port nd 21" long

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

give me the max dimensions you got available so i can help you out better

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I agree with fecupe, you probably want more port area.   How much power are you going to be running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The woofers only can handle 150 watts rms each. The amp is a skar audio 5 channel. The sub channel is roughly 500 watts at 1ohm and these subs will be wired at 1.33ohm so at that load amp should be closer to 450 watts total. Which would give them in the ball park of 150 rms. 

The max dimensions I have under the seat are 54" wide (door to door) 13" deep (ankle to rear firewall) 8.5" tall (highest point from floor to front of seat) and slopes down to 5.75" (lowest point from floor to bottom of seat) so when you add the slope of 8.5" + 5.75  and divide the average height of 7 and 1/8". 

So total exterior dims would be 54" wide, 13 deep, and 7 1/8" high. Wood is 3/4" mdf 

52.5x11.5x5.625 interior dims. Grand total interior space is a hair under 2.0 cu ft

Then factor in woofer displacement and port displacement should be a tad under .6cu ft each

CORRECTION::: did one more final max measure and I can get 9" tall for the front of the box instead of the 8.5" as posted above so an extra .5" of volume. Maybe enough difference to account for some of the woofer displacement 

1.96 cu ft before and 2.05 cu ft after the .5" difference 

Archived