Second Skin Audio

new to dc audio

jeff146.4

so i just bought two dc xl 12's. Trying to break them in one a rfpunch 1000 at .5. They barely move and barely any sound the box they are in is small. so two questions really should i build a box for the rf until i can get a dd m4a or dc 7.5k. and is there a min amount on what can push a sub? Any help is better then no help as long as its good help and thank you for your time 

Double/triple check that you have it wire correctly. Make sure polarity is correct and all that step1 stuff. Can check ur crossover points, maybe ur not sending much signal to the sub. Sometimes u might forget that u have the sub channel turned off on the headunit. Should be something simple that u over looked. 

Unless didnt really mean "barely moves/barely any sound"

checked everything gain was a little low but i think the box is just too small a lot of vibrating going on sounds like a lot of air is getting out guess i will just have to build a new box. didn't want to do that till i got a different amp but shit happens 

so woke up this morning and started over found a couple things 1st: in a rush the subs were not sealed all the way down a lot of screws were lose. fixed that 2nd: started checking electrical @.5 i was dropping down to 12.1 12.3. not really that bad but didn't sound good at all rewired subs to 2ohms and things started to play really good.

Learned 2 things don't rush and take your/my time. My rfpunch1000 does not like to be ran at .5 even if its not dropping below 12. 

1 thing I'm am confused about is even after wiring to 2ohms electrical drops to 12.5 12.8 with it only dropping to 12.1 at .5 figured my volts would stay in the 13s the car charges to 14.3 14.5. once again thank you for your help.

Archived