Second Skin Audio

Help with Port sizing

Justin_1990

Ok i'm gonna attempt to explain this as best I can. It sounds weird just thinking it but hopefully someone will understand. I'm designing a box for 2 subs, The outer dimensions are 21"H, 32"W, 18"D. My port is going dead center with subs firing up and port firing back. My ports dimensions are as follows 19.5H,3W,32L. Now this is a dual sub enclosure so when I go to run my port It hits my back wall and i need to turn it to go along the back of the box my question is do I go 32" from start to end on each side when the port makes its 90 degree turn or do I go 16" total per side. Hopefully someone can understand what im asking.

Your port basically splits the enclosure into 2 right? 32 needs to be the length, where it splits you splits the width in half. If your port is 6" wide at the front then it will be 3" wide when it splits.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

6 hours ago, Justin_1990 said:

Ok i'm gonna attempt to explain this as best I can. It sounds weird just thinking it but hopefully someone will understand. I'm designing a box for 2 subs, The outer dimensions are 21"H, 32"W, 18"D. My port is going dead center with subs firing up and port firing back. My ports dimensions are as follows 19.5H,3W,32L. Now this is a dual sub enclosure so when I go to run my port It hits my back wall and i need to turn it to go along the back of the box my question is do I go 32" from start to end on each side when the port makes its 90 degree turn or do I go 16" total per side. Hopefully someone can understand what im asking.

Your port needs to be 32" long, from start to finish, measured down the centerline of the port.  The fact that your port splits at the back of the box doesn't change the fact that it needs to be 32" long from the start to either end inside the box.

Like MrSkippyJ said, you reduce your port width in half where it splits, so your single 3" wide port will become a 1.5" wide port on either side of the split. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived