Sonic Electronix

Will four 8" subs sound like two 12"

Will four 8" subs sound like two 12"?

Hopefully that is not the numbest question that has ever been asked.

Id like a small sub footprint in my trunk and am leaning toward 8" CT Meso subs.

I listen to 80-90's rock - so Im thinking sealed box. I drive an Audi S6 and will be using the existing Bose speakers - which sound surprisingly good. Ill tie in the amp with an Epicenter and run one of my old PPI or buy new PPI, CT or Skar. Im still undecided on that.

Any recomendations would be appreciated.

As an FYI - Im returing to the car audio hobby after being away for over 20 years. Ive have not aged mentally since I was 17 and have not healed from the car audio bug bite. My wife still doesn't understand. I was involved when PPI, Kicker and JL were of the few big players. Much has changed! I still have three PPI amps stored away from those days. I may get them refurbished. This hobby seems like it will be more fun now becuase the equipment seems to be better and less expensive. Downside is there are many more choices out there.

BTW - "Creepy old guy" is what my three teenage daughters call me.

(4) 8's will get down.  I would love to see those old school PPI amps!  Make sure whatever you decide to do, take a lot of pics and start a build log so we can see what youre up to.

I like the honesty in your screen name LOL

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived