Second Skin Audio

Need to know if I did this right before having boards cut..

Lon

I have a 1999 ext-cab Ford Ranger and the truck has zero bass,it really sucks driving to the store in it lol so I bought a new 12" American Bass XD-1244 sub,Audiopipe APMI-1300W amp and American Bass 4ga wiring kit..I have a box but I already know its too small so gotta build my own which i'm not trying to get the perfect size but close and better than the one I have now..I went to American Bass and got the box designs for my sub and it gives the size box I need so I put all the numbers into the RE-Audio box calculator..Once I did that,at the bottom it give me the exact sizes each board needs to be cut which i'm 2nd guessing on..Can someone look this over and tell me if everything is good so I can have the boards cut?

Thanks in adv guys..

Box specs 1.PNG

SPL-1.PNG

You are using 1" MDF?? When I enter into Torres i get a volume of 1.8 and tuning of 49 with the dimension you have listed, which is super high. I know RE is not very accurate calculator. Looks like you have good port area for the rated power of the sub.

Honestly if you cant get any more space I would run sealed.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, ckeeler11 said:

You are using 1" MDF?? When I enter into Torres i get a volume of 1.8 and tuning of 49 with the dimension you have listed, which is super high. I know RE is not very accurate calculator. Looks like you have good port area for the rated power of the sub.

Honestly if you cant get any more space I would run sealed.

First I gotta say thanks for the reply,posted in a few places the past 2 weeks and gotten no help/advice..

Yes,i'll be using 1" MDF...The box I have now is small so really wanna learn to build my own because I kinda have no choice..Are the 2 boxes I posted too big or small?Could you or anyone else post a link to a program or something that's better than the RE Audio one?

BTW,

I have lots of room/space in my truck if that's what you mean?

Thanks again man...

Archived