Second Skin Audio

Tuning a box for an L7 10

Oh ok I didn’t expect you to do another one bro. I did some numbers yesterday and I figured out that extending the depth of the box to 8~5/8 with 15.5H and 48 W would give me the same time and specs as the second one you did. I think so at least? I’d just change the port opening a little and keep the port length the same. But anyways you end done more than enough man and I definitely will be careful. I’m pretty good at setting gains and what I can do is put the port on my side so if something starts to get smelly I’ll pick it up quick. I’ve got a good deck though to. Thank you sir. I’m gona work on the cardboard text box to. But honestly it’s gotta work cause otherwise I’m gonna have to get creative to be able to make the box fit

Here's the size of the 45s for the latest box I posted:

45_S.jpg

These 45s are optional, not strictly necessary, the one inside the port should be built perfectly or could actually hurt performance rather than help, let us know what you did in the end and how it went.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe, just wanted to drop an update right quick. Life’s been crazy and I’ve been without my own garage and have had a bucket of tools everywhere I’ve gone and been since I started my little journey to knock out this box. Gotta day I’m super thankful for the help to. I’m pretty passionate about building and I’m learning a lot as I go. I’d like to swoop some legit design software and begin doing this shit on the reg to. Anyhow, idk if I mentioned it earlier but I’m basically a really good looking and pretty tan homeless guy, but I’ve managed to get this much done out of the bed of my truck. Like I’ve built what I’m about to show you from my tailgate. 

6C4549FE-F9A2-4CD3-BFB0-DFA3B8EFA3BB.jpeg

2304E766-CC2C-4860-9272-611C1E2753AE.jpeg

Great job on the box and thanks for the update, you will really need those cross-braces front to back on the figure if not more, box needs to be stiff to work well, sorry to hear you are having a hard time with money right now, if you intend to keep doing this I would still consider the router a good investment.

Box is built just gotta head over to Oregon and grab my amp, steal the binding posts off my other box and grab some power wires n shit and I’ll toss up a vid. Bout to start making the cuts for the first box you designed. Same tuning so should be kinda cool to see the difference. All I’d really expect is a little better power handling and maybe have a little more control over the woofer... resulting in a probably louder setup? We’ll see

Archived