Sonic Electronix

Hello, recently my amplifier stopped working over night and now the yellow "protection light" is on after i start the car. So i got an old Helix hxa 400 and an Audiobahn AW122T hooked up to a Pioneer DEH-4500BT that were mounted at a local shop, i just bought the full set of cables and the guys there mounted them for me. They worked about 2 months perfectly but one day i played some music as usual then i parked the car, went home and the other day when i wanted to play music i noticed that the subwoofer stopped working. So i went to the amplifier and i saw that there is a yellow light turned on. When i start the car the amp goes Green then quickly turns Yellow. I checked the cables but they are ok no disconnected ones, i didn't check the ground because its under the door plastic thing, but the fuses are all ok. So what can it be ? It bothers me because this was an overnight thing not died when i was playing it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

check the ground if the guys wont help you

this, and try disconnected the subwoofer and then turning the vehicle on. If the amp comes on fine, and doesn't go into protect, then you may have an issue with the sub, or wiring to the sub.

Just looked up the manual for your amplifier, and a yellow protect light means that the speaker wires are shorted to ground.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter