crappy mids

BMS

I installed some mids and they are just simply not good sounding at all. I didn't expect great sound from them but anyway I have some cheap after market speakers (6) in the stock locations and One of those sony hu's that put out 40w rms per channel mex-xb100bt and 4 8 inch 700w rms sealed back mids where the visors would go 2 on each side and 3 2'' bullet tweeters in the center of the mids. They are on an OPTI900x2 at 2 ohms a channel. My hu has phase and time delay features i currently have none set. Really it just isn't all that loud while still sounding decent when loud the voices sound kind of high and scratchy and high sounds sound the same sharp, scratchy, metallic how ever you want to call it. It isn't distortion i don't think it sounds different. the high voices may be because the fs of the mids is probably quite high with them being sealed backs. The transient response seems great drums sound great. slowed music sounds good they reproduce really low voices well. Their response sounds as if some frequencies are loud and some aren't ill have to put it on an rta. Thinking of adding some mids from behind because now it sounds wierd with all the sound blasting from the front. Any suggestions as to how i can improve my sq.

Better equipment, it is really the only way to improve it.

Just got 2 sets of these myself and still waiting on delivery. 

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIM62/Morel-Maximo-6.html?tp=106&awcp=1t1&awcr=109265425283&awdv=c&awkw=morel+maximo+6&awmt=p&awnw=g&awug=9017600

Get an old school A/B amp to power them with, and you'll be miles ahead for not quite a lot of money into it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Oh those are nice, but the opti is class ab i believe but i'm looking for loud my equipment is decent enough to sound better than this. Ive had the same speakers in a set up where they sounded better they were on a  different amp.

Archived