Second Skin Audio

DC xl getting hot and smelly on only 1500w?

fmedina

8 hours ago, DavidClark said:

From what I have seen, that head unit is not clean at 62/62 with the sub set @ 0

8 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Im clean on my PRS thru 60/62.  61/62 distorts.

When I put the dd1 on both amps with gain set to it's minimum and everything flat and zero'd out on the 80prs I get no distortion at 62/62. Am I doing something wrong? Also, when I play my music at "full tilt" I keep it at 60 just to keep it safe.

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

My prs was clean 62/62 at 40hz. See how that works!? 

I knew what every thing I played got shitty. I like '7.5. Left me a bit of wiggle room. -10 was not for what I played. 

Yes I forgot to mention with a 40hz tone @ 0db for the mono and 1k hz @ 0db for the 4ch. I'll try a lower tone and see what I run into. 

So I played around with my system and found to fully accept the fact that I was clipping like crap out the sub stage. I kept the gains how they are but set the sub on the hu @ -5. It still gets down and sounds even better imo. My commutes average about 3hrs in the afternoon. So I bumped some music almost the whole time being easy on the level knob and didn't smell a whole lot. I have the sub inverted right now and am able to feel the magnet. still gets a little warm but not like before.  Still gets a little stinky when trying to play the low lows. I will be experimenting some more with the tunng of the box. According to bass box pro it's tuned lower than I requested. Also the end of the 6" flare is about 3" away from the side of the box. Shouldn't it be no less than the diameter of the port? Or is that only true for slot enclosures. I fallowed that rule when I built slot ported enclosures and was always happy with the results. Not to mention that the box was originally designed for the evl so I requested 3.5cuft @ 31-35hz 

I'll post some screen shots to try to make more sense of this. No matter what I need more power. Big clean power. This xl is hungry. 

On 11/14/2017 at 8:10 PM, fmedina said:

yup ima readjust my gains here soon. how should i have the bass knob, or remote level knob, when setting gains. i had it half way when i set the gain before. 

Turn your knob all the way up then set your gains till you are almost clipping this way when your knob is at max you will still be just below clip.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Mills said:

Turn your knob all the way up then set your gains till you are almost clipping this way when your knob is at max you will still be just below clip.

This is exactly what I was thinking just wanted to see how others do it. But I guess it all depends on your system and how you have it set up. 

Archived