C.A. Glue Activator Question

Probably a pretty dumb question, but can different "brands" of ca glue activator be used for other ca glue?

I have ca glue from FI that I have been using for attaching fabric for my door panels, and was going to be using this for my recone on the spider. But the activator is almost gone, and I still have a lot of ca glue left. FI doesnt sell just activator, but PSI does. Can I get a 2oz activator from PSI and have it work the same as FI's?

I am aware this is probably a really dumb question because im 99% sure I can. Just dont wanna ruin a recone because I assumed something.

Thanks in advance!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Sometimes it will just fine, sometimes it will cloud or haze the ca glue (meaning the black glue turns white due to the activator). Sometimes it will make the glue cure way to fast and cause a slight bubbling of the ca glue.
So it really depends.. The sad thing is everyone keeps their source on the hush hush so you have no idea what your even buying.

Just because its CA glue doesnt mean its all created equal. CA glue is really a blanket term used, because when it comes down to it, even super glue is CA glue, it says right on it if you read the fine print.

You have different colors, viscosity, cure times, tensile strengths, temperature handling, and different added ingredients, such as some being rubber toughened that will have a little flex to it, some being not foam safe, etc.

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

Sometimes it will just fine, sometimes it will cloud or haze the ca glue (meaning the black glue turns white due to the activator). Sometimes it will make the glue cure way to fast and cause a slight bubbling of the ca glue.
So it really depends.. The sad thing is everyone keeps their source on the hush hush so you have no idea what your even buying.

Just because its CA glue doesnt mean its all created equal. CA glue is really a blanket term used, because when it comes down to it, even super glue is CA glue, it says right on it if you read the fine print.

You have different colors, viscosity, cure times, tensile strengths, temperature handling, and different added ingredients, such as some being rubber toughened that will have a little flex to it, some being not foam safe, etc.

Even the fi activator with the fi glue caused it to get whitish. Would it cause the glue to not hold as well? Or just cosmetic?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

The clouding can happen for a few reasons, being able to tell them apart is key.

Why it does it with their  own activator is due to using too much, also if you blow it after spraying it results in less clouding.

I know the glue they use, and typically order it direct from the manufacture because it is one of the easier brands to work with, though some dont like it, due to the clouding.

Once you have experience with it, you should have no problems, I rarely do and have CLEAN glue joints.

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/11803808_867633793272846_1451626908_n.mp4 

Archived