Second Skin Audio

Opinions on Enclosure 6 SA-12 v3

kckrawford

Hey guys, I designed this box, and was wanting to get some of your opinions on it.  I'm going to be running 6 Sundown SA-12's D4's on 2 Sundown SCV3000D Wired @ 0.67ohms.  Let me know what you think.  

Specs are as follows: 

Gross Volume is 13.10

Net Volume: 10.52 cu/ft

Tuning Freq. 33.94 Hz

Port Area: 150.00 sq. in

Port Volume: 2.36 cu/ft

Port Ratio: 1:6

Screen_Shot_2017-11-19_at_1.54.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-11-20_at_3.49.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-11-20_at_3.49.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-11-20_at_3.49.58_PM.png

I would tune lower, but thats personal preference.

Looks good man, do a build log once you start.  What vehicle is this going in?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I would love to tune lower, but space is the issue with trying to fit these 6 subs inside this 4Runner.  

Build is going in a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.  I currently have 3 of the 12's in there now on a SVC3000D, but I'm fixing to go with the sundown Neo 6.5's in the doors on a SAX200.4 and going with 6 Mclaren Super tweeters in the pillars on a Sundown SAX150.2.  Slowly getting everything together.  

Thanks bud.  I hope.  I’ve modeled it in WinISD, used the Torres calculator, and the sheet that triticum built.  Trying to make all the numbers tie together in order to get everything right. The port is a tough small if I tried to power the subs to much more but for the power I’ll push to them, it should do ok. 

The next step step would be to do a wall, but I really don’t wanna do that, at least not in this vehicle. 

Does anyone think that that the actual port needs a brace in the middle of it.  I was debating on putting one but since the two braces on the inside will attach the port, wasn’t sure if I needed it. 

You could add a brace to the port (I would if it were me), it wouldn't have to be much, just a 4" long piece of 1/2" wide plywood/MDF.  The goal is just to brace that wide bottom panel.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived