Hello new to the forum here! Just want to introduce myself a little I’m thomas. I live in the east Bay Area. I’m finally doing a realsystem build in my 2014 Toyota Camry se sport 4cyl , other then my other hobbies of building my rifles and modifiying my guns for sport shooting. I installed a w6 when I first got the car. The w6 was givin to me from a very close buddy of mine which blew a year later . I had all stock speakers, stock factory deck I didn’t want to lose function to my factory deck. I bought the audio control lc6i so I can power my w6. But my w6 just blew and said forget it. It’s finaly time to put a system in. I’ve always been a jlaudio fan. I know what you all might say there’s better stuff out there then jlaudio. But I grew up on seeing Jl Audio in my Uncle ,Dad, cousins cars. So I recently started shopping. I purchased some equipment used some new. My close buddy had referred me to his buddies shop and I’m glad he did  now I see how much some shops charge for equipment. Not bashing on other shops, not promoting any local shops. But man I got hooked up on some focal K2 6.5 for a fraction of the price 2017 models at that. I had a lot of questions while shopping but didn’t know who to ask except my buddies shop. So I went on YouTube and found Steve Meade designs and was amazed of the work he does watched all his videos. My installation date is in a few days and I will post pictures while it’s get installed and the equipment. But here’s my parts lists I will integrate other stuff down the line.

jl audio 12 W7 AE in the prowedge box 

jlaudio 1000/1v2 slash series

jlaudio 300/4v1 slash series

focal 165 k2

focal access 6x9

kinetik 800 watt agm battery for trunk

audio control lc6i

stinger anl fusebox and fuses 

memphis 0 gauge amp kit 

I want to upgrade my alternator but I don’t know if company’s make it for my Toyota Camry or if I even need one.

i will upgrade the battery. I want the xspower battery. But my question is my Toyota battery group size is 24  but autozone also said my group size is 35 so i don’t know which one to choose  been looking at the xspower 2400  but I need the 2400r since my positive terminal is on the left. If anyone on the forum can help me figure the alternator and battery situation or an opinion would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures in few days when everything is being installed. Thanks in advance if anyone can shoot me some advice or opinions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got everything installed. But man feels like I can get more bass. I will have pictures up soon. The box the w7 12 was in the prowedge it comes with bass is too accurate. Everyone I know with the high output one slams harder then my setup. Finally found a high output box from Jl audio. Sorry for the wait. Been trying to get more power into car hahaha. I changed my battery to the stinger 3000watt battery. Now I think I need to upgrade my alternator but can’t justify spending $600+ on it. But all my jlaudio amps are in. Focal k2 for front door and tweeters. Focal access 6x9 in rear. Only took few pictures of the install of speakers. Didn’t want to hover over my installer ?

On 1/26/2018 at 10:57 AM, Calrider76 said:

I also have a 2014SE with the JBL factory set up and would like to upgrade while retaining the stock HU. Seems like the factory door speakers are an odd size plus it has some center dash speaker? Please post picks! Can’t wait to see how it checks out. 

No the speakers aren’t an odd size. Fronts are 6.5 separates. Rears 6x9. I don’t have the jbl set up. So I might be wrong. 

Archived