USB no longer works?

omnibus

I have a Pioneer AVH, about a year old and it's only USB input which I use for my music collection, gradually stopped working. at first it wouldn't recognize a Usb was inserted, so each time I started my car, I had to unplug, then replug in the USB drive and it would work. Eventually it stopped altogether. The usb drive itself works fine and tested in other devices. Basically the HU doesn't recognize any usb is plugged in. It's a fairly expensive HU, not something that's convenient to replace anyway.

Is this fixable or anything I could try?

On 12/20/2017 at 7:16 PM, Skullz said:

Try a different brand of flash drive, i have one that does not work on my H/U.

but it used to work just fine, nothing ever changed as I always left it plugged in. Until it got to where I had to pop it in and out to work until finally it does nothing.

Do you use a usb extension?

Try a different one if you do use an extension.

Something else to try would be to directly plug into the back of the unit and see if it reads the flash drives.

Worst case scenario would be to use your phone on bluetooth if the usb fails to work out.

EDIT: You can use a usb flash drive on your phone for extra capacity with all the music you want to play and access it through bluetooth on the H/U.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived