Second Skin Audio

2014 F150 enclosure help needed!

bmwking

3 hours ago, bmwking said:

well thats a little disheartening, do you think maybe i should try a center console extension instead?  would that be easier to get the correct port length and fit?

Yeah, I think that would work.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 12:39 AM, Triticum Agricolam said:

Yeah, I think that would work.  

so ive been sitting down with your port calculator, winisd, and torres.  I decided I'm just going to make him 2 enclosures, an under seat sealed and a center console extension ported.  I'm still waiting on the dimensions for the console extension but hopefully I'l have enough volume to fit an adequate port.  do you see any issues with the console extension I should be on the lookout for?  or rather, what to do about the port for said meso?  box volume ported would ideally be around 0.75 and tuned to 35hz, sub down, port down if possible.

7 minutes ago, Marcus1033 said:

I would do a seat lift, then build box with subs firing forward.  I have 2.35 cubs, stuffed the box, and installed two 12's.  I can't igure out how to add pics from file.  I can send actual pics tomorrow.  Mines a 2013 F150.  

sadly the seat lift is too cost prohibitive for him, as much as i'd like to do it

3 minutes ago, Marcus1033 said:

LMI seat lift is $145.00.  It's your best option.  Not to mention I completely CLD'd and Mass loaded my truck except roof.  Roof is very flexable, it's my rainy day project.  

believe me i get it about the seat lift, but it's not on the books right now.  as for sound deadening... i might try to get him in on a secondskin sale, but literally everything else in the truck is stock, and he's not big into modifications that arent necessary

2 minutes ago, Marcus1033 said:

Just went back and read your original message.  Make box out our birch, you will be fine on top and bottom edge.  My 12's are the same way.  Plenty strong

i mean, 3/4" is 3/4" right?  or are you suggesting 5/8" or thinner?

Archived