Second Skin Audio

2014 F150 enclosure help needed!

bmwking

Hey gurus I need your help making an enclosure for a buddy's xmas gift.  

The vehiclae/placement is a 2014 F150 stx supercab (the half rear door 4 door thing), the placement will be under the 60 side(drivers side) of the rear fold up seat wit hthe sub facing forward covered by a 3 bar grille.

Sub will be a CT sounds Meso 8 d4 receiving approx 900rms @ 2 ohms from an eXcelon 812d.  We'd like to go slot ported if possible, tuned to about 37-40hz, he listens to mainly hardcore metal (august burns red, hatebreed, etc.) and chill edm type stuff but i know having a versatile sub will make him expand his listening variety to incorporate some thump, so having the ability to bump while being musical af is paramount.

available space is 8" height at the front edge of the seat bottom, 6" height at the rear (still allowing the seat to fold up all the way), 11" depth, and max width of 33".  Ideally I'd like to make the box out of 3/4" mdf.  The first issue I can already see potentially causing some issue is the sub cutout of 7.3"  but i figure I'll just sand out any tight spots and coat with resin if need be to put the strength back in.

If anyone can help, that'd be super!  If you need any more details, please just ask. I really appreciate you and your big brains!  Thanks in advance!

I don't think you are going to be able to make it fit, no matter what you do.  Like ckeeler11 said, port area is going to be an issue, you are going to want 15 sq in minimum.  That's not the real problem though.  What's going to get you is the magnet diameter.  Just looking at the pics of the Meso 8" that magnet looks to be 6.5" in diameter or so and it sticks back 6.6".   You only have just under 7" of total vertical space at 6.6" back from the front.  That leaves you almost no room for the top and bottom panels.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

4 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I don't think you are going to be able to make it fit, no matter what you do.  Like ckeeler11 said, port area is going to be an issue, you are going to want 15 sq in minimum.  That's not the real problem though.  What's going to get you is the magnet diameter.  Just looking at the pics of the Meso 8" that magnet looks to be 6.5" in diameter or so and it sticks back 6.6".   You only have just under 7" of total vertical space at 6.6" back from the front.  That leaves you almost no room for the top and bottom panels.  

well thats a little disheartening, do you think maybe i should try a center console extension instead?  would that be easier to get the correct port length and fit?

Archived