Sundown Audio

Skar LP 80 and LP 1000.1 or Rockville db 45 and db 13

mjnp06

Hi guys.  I'm putting together a budget system for my truck.  So far a have Infinity component speakers for the front, Rockfords for the back and a 10" Massive Audio subwoofer in a ported box.  I was ready to buy the 2 Skar amps and ran across the Rockvilles.  The more I read about them, the more bad i hear about the Skar amps and the more good I hear about the Rockville amps.  What do you guys think about these two?

Thanks for any advice

I haven't had anything Skar but I have had a Rockville amp. The amp done it's job with 0 problems until the day I ripped it out of the truck. That being said I believe the Skar amp is a total different beast than the Rockville. You may hear about Skar amps letting out the magic smoke but you also hear people beating on them for years with no problem. They are a budget amp and that should be taken into account.

I think the reason you hear more about the Skar amps is because of the type of consumer for each amp. A person buying a Rockville amp probably walked into Wal-Mart and bought it and may not not their ass from a hole in the ground(which I don't either). A person buying a Skar amp may have been to shows, or around the community, or whatever may be the case and looking to get a cheaper setup. I feel that as the Skar consumer you may know a little more about what you are saying in your review than a person buying an amp from Wal-Mart.

Anyways this is just my opinion and should not be taken as fact. I think the Skar would be a better choice by a long shot.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

I agree with skar. Although i have never owned a rockville amp i did look at them and have seen dynos with them doing ok. The skar imo is a better qaulity amp. I own the lp1000.1 and the smaller 4 channel 60.4 i think? Have had both in my truck for over a year used almost daily with no issues. Great budget amps imo. There are dyno vids of the lp1000.1 doing over rated. As well as the 4 channel. Their rp line looks nice also. Thinkn of upgrading to the rp2000.1 with a vxf 12.

Archived