Second Skin Audio

Reading subwoofer specs

nicor6

Hello Everyone, So I was looking at 2 subs, different brands, *PLEASE IN NO WAY I AM MAKING THIS A VS THREAD*  just to understand what i am looking at, Ok the scenario is like this, the specs on the right from the manufactures website they rated it as a 5k rms subwoofer, on the left, it is a 3500 rms subwoofer, but ive been told it can handle 5k rms, both subs price are almost identical.. My point is looking at the spec, can someone really tell the 3500rms sub is worth same as the 5k in terms? power wise? which one will be best suited for a daily musical setup.. Thank you so much in advance guys.. And i hope you guys understand my english:)

Untitled-1.jpg

Well if I am reading the specs right, the one on the Left is a SVC & the one on the Right is a DVC.

The 5k one to sound optimal requires a port where the 3500 one is better in a sealed / ported, so that might be of some help deciding the sub so the Qts says.

And do some research on Youtube that might help also.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

2 hours ago, Jake Pace said:

Well if I am reading the specs right, the one on the Left is a SVC & the one on the Right is a DVC.

The 5k one to sound optimal requires a port where the 3500 one is better in a sealed / ported, so that might be of some help deciding the sub so the Qts says.

And do some research on Youtube that might help also.

Thanks for your reply jake :) well both of them are DVC subwoofers, I did try youtube first, watched a video by caraudiofab, he did explain what the spec means, but I still dont get it on what to look at to define which spec is better for a driver! i hope that makes sense what i am trying to explain!

There is no real way to look at the specs and know for sure. The best way is to design an enclosure and model the response it would have in winisd or some other modeling software. I have seen drivers that looked awful on the specs, but in certain applications were quite surprising.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived