Hey guys and gals

I have 3 vvx10s on a Hifonics BRZ2400. I was thinking of getting 2 EVL 15s with a RP3500. Unfortunately it seems i dont have the 7 cubes needed for the EVLs. What do you all think of the vvs on the RP 3500?

Note: 10s are D 2s

On 2/2/2018 at 5:28 PM, Papaslim said:

Hey guys and gals

I have 3 vvx10s on a Hifonics BRZ2400. I was thinking of getting 2 EVL 15s with a RP3500. Unfortunately it seems i dont have the 7 cubes needed for the EVLs. What do you all think of the vvs on the RP 3500?

Note: 10s are D 2s

Hi Papaslim, Thanks for the question!

I would stick with the VVX-10v3's and when you are ready; I'd recommend the upgrade to the RP-3500.1D on the existing subwoofer setup. Having proper space for the (3) 10's and increasing the power (which they can handle!), you will notice the results better than potentially choking (2) EVL-15's with improper air space. Please feel free to drop back in and let us know how the build is going, thanks for running Skar Audio!

-Kevin S.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 
      i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!
      and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• By SkarJoker
      I am building a system in a 03 lesaber. It will have 2 skar ZVX 12s in a single box with a wall to create 2 separate chambers. It will have 2 rp 1500.1 D amps, 2 12" ZVX 12s, 2 Rockford rfc2d caps, 2 shuriken 12v batteries, audio control overdrive plus preamp, and pioneer axt2969bt stereo. 1/0 power wire with big 3. And 8g audio wire. I need some help with a box build. Please and thank you. Also this system will be competition ready. 
    • By anr102990
      Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

• By mpulford311
      just got done with my chevy trailblazer build.  here are the specs
      Mechman 250 Amp Alternator 
      XS D3400 under hood
      XS XP3000 in rear
      big 3 upgrade
      0 gauge GP Car Audio wire throughout 
      heatshrink and lugs crimped by me
      2- Skar EVL 15's wired to 1 ohm
      1- Skar SKV2 3500 watt monoblock
      4- Skar PAX65 6.5's in all 4 doors 
      1- Skar RP 150.4 4 channel amp to the doors
      Amps are bolted down with socket head allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      fuseblocks are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      Subs are also bolted down with allen screws into spiked t-nuts
      nothing moves 
      all lugs are hydraulic crimped by me 
      all heatshrink done by me  

my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer only 56000 miles on it.

Sony MEX XB100BT radio. It puts out decent power

ripped out the wimpy stock speaker and put in the skar PAX65

installed back in stock location modified the speaker ring BINGO 

mechman 250 Amp alternator.  Out with the old in with the new.

Installed.  Took more time to put belt back on.  1/2 shorter 

under the hood battery

big 3 done.  0 gauge GP Car Audio wire 

couple of fuseblocks ran 

starting of box build 3/4 birch 

got the Skar EVL 15's fitted in there 

monster box in back  LOL

started some wiring.  box has angle brackets which is bolted to wood 
      and wood is bolted to frame the rca's are covering the bolt other bolt 
      is under battery.

got speaker wire and rca's all tesa taped and zip tied down  even put a
      fire extinguisher in.  

used 8 gauge subwoofer wire to subs and 14 gauge to door speakers
      all 0 gauge to amps.  Even used that Bluetooth voltmeter that ExoContralto
      recommended.  works pretty well. 
    • By fmedina
      whats up smd! its been a good while. feels good to be getting back into car audio, the hobby that made me into a commercial/industrial electrician. the last system i had was in a 98 oldsmobile intrigue with a single 15" in the trunk. first was obsidian audio on a hifonics brz1200, then went with a skar vvx 15 after that. ive had other equipment before those, played around with jl, sundown, audioque, t3 audio compnents, hertz speakers... so that was like 5 years ago. had to sell everything because we were in need of money. our first child was going to be born soon and i was the main person bringing in income working at ace hardware. well, now, thanks to the love of car audio, i signed up for an electrical apprenticeship program here in california and started my career as a general electrician. needed more than 12v sparks in my face lmao. finished the 5 years as an apprentice, took the state exam and passed! officially a certified general electrician. i currently work for anderson pacific as a journeyman electrician in the bay area.  but anyways, enough of my history. i want to build!
      so i have somewhat an idea of what im looking to get for my 2012 honda accord. i commute a lot! ha so this will mainly be a daily setup. maybe compete just for giggles in the near future. because of my job and not owning/commuting in a pickup i need my trunk space. all of it haha. and also would like to have my spare tire easily accessible.  so that being said i am willing to sacrifice my rear seats for the sub(s). im only keeping one seat available for a car seat but the rest will be used to fit a box. so i have something like 25"w 24"h 18"d to work with. i already have a pioneer deh-80prs installed and replaced the stock front speakers with a set of skar TX65C and the rear with a pair of skar fsx 6.5s. yup, i think im going with skar all around. i had good experience with their sub and components in the past. and theyre very reasonably priced for what you get. unless someone can persuade me to go with others lol...
      i will be running the stock alt for now (130a) thinking about getting a mechman later on. 
      1-xs power d3400r for the front 
      1-xs power xp3000 for the back
      with that im hoping to supply a skar rp2000.1 and possibly a sk100.4
      already stated what i have for mids n highs
      a single zvx15 ported @ 33hz   or 2- evl12s @ 32hz (i know go with the 2 12s more cone area.. but idk something about having a 15..)
      will be all sky high wiring and sound deadening (had some left over knu deadening from prior build that i put on the front doors.)
      big 3 of course w/ 1/0 
      and im sure there will be more as we go on. theres always more lol
      so what you think? just something simple for daily. my old lady is giving me a budget of 3k  lol less is better tho. any recommendations, suggestions, comments, thoughts, some schooling would be grrreat! 
      heres a simple box design i was messing around with on torres and sketchup. 4cu ft after all displacements including fiberglass. tuned @ 33hz. will be 3- 4" aero's  

thats it haha sorry didnt get a chance to get any pics of the speakers. i will next time around when i open up the door panels again. same for the rear deck. thanks guys... 
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,006 Guests (See full list)