Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

3.35 cubic ft single 12” box HELP!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello. I have a box for a single 12” thats the following specs... Whats the best subwoofer for this box I like my subs to get loud... 


Outside dimensions of box.
Length = 28” Width = 15 1/2” Height = 18 1/2”


Inside dimensions of box.
26” x 13 1/2” x 16 1/2”

Port dimensions
3” x 13 1/2”
 

Note I didnt subtract the 3” of port plus 1” of MDF for the port chamber from the 26” measurement. So the correct number may be 22” for that dimension and the box may be smaller then 3.35 cubic ft... Please help me pick the ultimate subwoofer for this box. I will find a matching amplifier for the subwoofer after..

Posted

I had this box built for a 12” MMATS juggernaut like 12 years ago. I thought it was built to MMATS specs and tuned ro 34hz....

History of box = I used the Juggernaut in it for a few years then upgraded to a FI BTL that I used for a few years.. Then I had kids so I sold all of my car audio to not damage their hearing... I’m ready to put systems in my vehicles again and want to reuse this box if their is a subwoofer that meets the specs for it... It doesn’t look like this box was even close to spec for the subs I use to use in it... I thought the BTL and Jugg were impressive in it... But based on their specs it seems like this box wasn’t even close to optimized for either?

Posted

The SSA Evil was originally what I thought I wanted, now I’m thinking Incriminator Audio Death Penalty or Lethal Injecction. I’m going to be buying from SSA’s website cause they have helped me by answering my questions. SSA doesn’t sell FI, so that eliminates FI.

Posted

The Death Row is the bridge between the DP and LI.....that's another option.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted
1 hour ago, twalker182 said:

The Death Row is the bridge between the DP and LI.....that's another option.

For some reason I overlooked that subwoofer. Based on the specs it’s like the DP and LI had a baby and it is a DR.

Posted

If you're only doing 1k.... I would get the LI (I didn't mean "only" in a negative sense).

I ran mine originally on 600 watts and it still got down.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6242 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...