mobilehomeguy Posted March 7, 2018 Report Posted March 7, 2018 I have two AB VFL 8s,powered by AB PH4000MD. I'm thinking of going to a XFL 15,using same amp.Id like to hear some opinions about the decision.Thanks
bmwking Posted March 7, 2018 Report Posted March 7, 2018 that amp pushes about 1800rms @ 1 ohm based on amp dynos. I have it on 2 XFL 12s currently and it beats on them really nicely. it may be a bit of overkill for a single 15, but if you gain down and avoid any clipping, i dont see why it wouldnt work
mobilehomeguy Posted March 8, 2018 Author Report Posted March 8, 2018 I'm thinking to let the 15 slide and score 2 more 8s and another 4000md
bmwking Posted March 8, 2018 Report Posted March 8, 2018 5 minutes ago, mobilehomeguy said: I'm thinking to let the 15 slide and score 2 more 8s and another 4000md in the proper enclosure, you wont be disappointed. you would have about 200 sq in of cone area with 4 8s as opposed to 176 sq in with a single 15.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.