Sub craze

2 sundown u series 12” or one sundown zv5 15”?

2 hours ago, Sub craze said:

Is the cone any different?

I actually called sundown earlier and spoke with technical support and he said the soft parts are indeed an upgrade as well as spider landing and voice coil size and build quality. Basket and megaroll surround are the main difference between the u and x. 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:20 AM, DiBo said:

I was at down4sound Monday getting an xp3000 battery and looked at the u series in person. They seem to have the same soft parts as the sa12's with a bigger motor and a 3" voice coil... The baskets suck balls too. Not really an upgrade over the sa12's imo

why dont you first hear an sa vs U and then come back and say whether its an upgrade or not. Ive ran both and for sure the U is an upgrade. Its enough of an upgrade or improvement that i will never run the SA again unless an emergency situation calls for it

Edited by akuma4u
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lofty
      Building a box for 4 sundown E8's to go in the trunk to sit flush against the rear seats and port out the rear seat opening (ski pass).  The attached picture has a rough draft of the design it is a angled box with dimensions of 36"width x 14"tall x 16"top depth x 24"bottom depth. Volume of each sub camber (RED) is 1.344ft3 and port area (BLUE) is 1.5" wide with a area around 18.75 tuned to around 33-34 hz. Mainly just need to know what happens to that tuning once it reaches the center chamber (with the front of the subs) and out the ski pass.

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By Kraken
      So I'm trying to design a box for my 2 zv3 12's, i have installed 2 bucket seats in the rear of my 02 chevy pickup, and things have changed a ton in that truck since i last posted here. I plan on doing 2 zv3's in a ported box in between the 2 seats, almost like a tall center console. i found a 3D model of a zv3 12 on a different fourm, but i cant get the person to respond with a link to a download. Im just trying to get an accurate look of the box, and also having a model of the sub would be cool
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 208 Guests (See full list)