150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

On 4/25/2018 at 11:33 AM, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Thank you for the insight on the t-nuts.  All of those reasons not to use them are entirely valid.  When building helicopters for Boeing, we used something similar to t-nuts very often but the type we used had 3 little holes drilled on the flange, instead of the spikes, which got screwed into the piece...and also epoxied.

do you know where to source these? I was about to jig something up to drill holes in the 1/4" x 20 t nuts I already have. 

52 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

do you know where to source these? I was about to jig something up to drill holes in the 1/4" x 20 t nuts I already have. 

Those t-nuts were mil-spec, for aerospace use.  Looking on Amazon, they are available..

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Group-2511-4-20-13-Pack/dp/B00HYLZ33W/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1528648728&sr=8-43&keywords=t-nuts+1%2F4-20

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

1 hour ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

You are going to want to try to fasten them in place before you put the box together because doing it after the box is built would be a real bitch.

yeah I dont use amazon too much if ever. may have to start. lol. Will be saving that link for the future. I found some perma weld epoxy and used that to secure them in the last box. 

thanks man!

4 hours ago, strangeduck said:

Dude, good luck with the build, trunks are hard to get loud, i know. i'll be watching. 

Complete newfound respect for car audio!! Trunk installs do not work. Box really needs to be built inside the trunk to be loud. When I first started I didn't know whether I liked Bass from a 12 inch woofer or a 15 inch woofer. The words 4th order was like some ancient African dialect I had no clue what that was lol. This trunk will be loud. Learning the science right now... Well learning a small part of the science right now. Like Kyblack said "this s*** ain't just buying equipment and wailing on it" fa real!! 

lol, im on like my 5th design, not counting changes to those designs . you might get great results right out of the gate or you may end up pulling out your hair. 

2 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

lol, im on like my 5th design, not counting changes to those designs . you might get great results right out of the gate or you may end up pulling out your hair. 

I've been very successful with ported rear facing enclosures. Very good sound hit hard also... Not loud lol. Car is still a daily driver will be dedicated to Car Audio along with my navigator by the end of this year. So This Thread will not be Gone With the Wind or fizzling away. 

• 1 month later...

Archived