Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

What have you guys done to stifle rattling side mirrors?

 

Forgive me if I missed a section on sound proofing the car interior and posted this is the wrong section.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Posted

Is the mirror rattling against the door, or are the insides of the mirror rattling?

If you haven't sound deadened the doors yet, do that to reduce how much your mirrors vibrate. If they still rattle, you'll need to remove or take them apart and find a way to decouple the rattling surfaces using rubber or foam.

Killing rattles is a really long rabbit hole that most people never fully finish lol

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 4/13/2018 at 10:20 PM, Crazy 8s Drums said:

What have you guys done to stifle rattling side mirrors?

 

Forgive me if I missed a section on sound proofing the car interior and posted this is the wrong section.

Put some adhesive in the cracks of your side mirror and I’m not talking about the actual mirror it self

Posted

I actually fixed this yesterday.  The side mirrors on my car have these colored covers which can pop off and one of them was a bit loose.  I popped it off, put a piece of paper towel in it folded up, put the cover back on...fixed!  I have also used Kilmat on almost the whole chassis.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Posted

Paper towel is not very permanent. Could a small peice of deadener fit? Would last lnger and be more resilient.

Posted
1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

Paper towel is not very permanent. Could a small peice of deadener fit? Would last lnger and be more resilient.

There wasn't enough room to fit the Kilmat in between the cover and the mirror housing.  I agree that the paper towel will not be a satisfactory long term fix so I think I may look for some thin double sided tape or something along those lines to fix it more permanently.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...