Distribution block + secondary battery question

I am going to run a 1/0 OFC length from the front battery to the trunk where the junk is.  I like some junk in the trunk.  Maybe y'all do too?

Well, I have a little battery in the trunk right now and want to make sure it all goes together properly.  Currently, there is a 4ga OFC from a 4 fused channel distro block right by the front battery  to the small battery in the trunk (which also has a fuse right before that 4ga enters that battery)...and from that second battery it goes to another fuse and then to the single amplifier.

As I am going to move the distro block to the back, I think I will need to arrange this all a bit differently.  The question I am asking is would it be OK to have the secondary battery on one of the distro block channels and with a fuse all it's own?

I plan to use a fuse immediately after the (pos) on the front battery and run the 1/0 to the trunk where it enters another fuse block and then goes into the distro block....1x 4ga to a 4 channel, 1x 4ga to a monoblock and then 1x 4ga to the small secondary battery.  Lots of fusing...

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

2 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

I am going to run a 1/0 OFC length from the front battery to the trunk where the junk is.  I like some junk in the trunk.  Maybe y'all do too?

Well, I have a little battery in the trunk right now and want to make sure it all goes together properly.  Currently, there is a 4ga OFC from a 4 fused channel distro block right by the front battery  to the small battery in the trunk (which also has a fuse right before that 4ga enters that battery)...and from that second battery it goes to another fuse and then to the single amplifier.

As I am going to move the distro block to the back, I think I will need to arrange this all a bit differently.  The question I am asking is would it be OK to have the secondary battery on one of the distro block channels and with a fuse all it's own?

I plan to use a fuse immediately after the (pos) on the front battery and run the 1/0 to the trunk where it enters another fuse block and then goes into the distro block....1x 4ga to a 4 channel, 1x 4ga to a monoblock and then 1x 4ga to the small secondary battery.  Lots of fusing...

Can you send a post a pic of the distribution block your talking about?

If I got this right your planning on running 1/0 for your main power line? If so I would suggest any power line that goes into a battery should have the same for its +/- regardless of what you feed the amps. 

As far as what your saying with feeding the main line 1/0 into a fuse block then a distribution block I don't see an issue with that but why not just run that 1/0 into the battery and then from the battery into the distribution block? Having a fuse on both 4 gauge runs to the 4 channel and mono amplifiers after the distribution block. 

It may be better to link to my build thread for this...the first picture shows where/how I have the distro block currently.

I aim to move that distro block to the trunk, and put the 1/0 gauge fuse block there instead with another fuse block right before the distro block just in case.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I have to order this stuff online because nobody in town sells this kind of stuff.  It is a shame too, because Phoenix used to be a hotbed of car audio but all the shops now sell cheesy junk.  I can't find any OFC cabling anywhere without paying in arms and legs so I have to plan this all out very carefully so I order the right stuff.  It totally fn sucks to not have that one stupid part and need to order the shit and wait another week for it to show up!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived