Second Skin Audio

Need advice from true bassheads

So first off I have to admit I went full retard on this one just ordered two subs and an amp from soundqubed.com is looking to do a budget 15 build . Haven't built a system in a few years and I accidentally ordered the Dual 2 ohm subs. I have it hooked up to 2 Ohms on the soundqubed S1 -2250.  Puts out about 2300rms at 1ohm and the subs are rated at 1200rms each they are the hds2 series. Well at 2 Ohms the amp outs out 1400rms. And it gets loud but I know it could be way louder if I got the dual 4ohm :(.   So to exchange them it's going to be around 150$ for shipping back and 20% restocking fee. Then I got to thinking what if I just order another dual 2ohm and hook up 3 witch puts the amp at 1.34ohms.  That would be 1\3 more surface area and I'd assume about 700 watts RMS per sub. Witch is what I'm running right now about for 2 and it gets loud.

My concern is the box is but at 9 cubic ft and it's like 8cubic ft after displacement so adding a 3rd sub would not keep the box size ideal but what do you guys think I just want crazy ridiculous low-end Bass. Currently for the past 3 days box has no Port ordered one from BigAssports.com and they took forever to ship should be getting it Thursday and I'll slap it in. Right now there's just a hole in the box and it still dumps pretty hard lol

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Maybe buy another s1-2250?  The two amps would be more power than you need...but would make for an easier upgrade down the road when you went to put tougher speakers in later...and also wouldn't need to F with your box to make room for another sub.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Hummm that's a thought I honestly think I won't upgrade dow the road cause there's plentyyyyy of bass rn kinda and I don't wanna have to much power and blow them some guy at the car audio shop told me he blew his soundqubed subs with rated power after 6 months...I bet he was clipping and didn't know it. I'm either doing 3 subs or exchanging them orrrrrrrrr the other thought is exchange the amp and spend 150 on a different amp that does true 2k RMS at 2ohms in 400 price range

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Archived