Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is your power wire coming of the alternator? 

Really nice car Man!

Posted
14 hours ago, Jahlg64 said:

I feel you on getting the sound forward. Got an old school myself and it just sounds like it' in a tin can. Gotta deaden and do some upgrades. Rattles like crazy! Look forward to your build!  Great car! What motor? 

Yeah it’s hard with the front speakers being so small. I wanted to keep the stock look but I might have to go with some kick panels to bring the sound forward. I still have a long way to go, need to replace the weatherstripping in the doors, then add some Secon Skin in the trunk area, doors, maybe part of the  floors and hopefully that will seal it up. It has the original 301 Pontiac motor but it’s going to get swapped out for something bigger down the line ?

Posted
9 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Is your power wire coming of the alternator? 

Really nice car Man!

Yeah it’s wire to the alternator. Is that an issue?

Posted
10 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I did a search and came up with these, they replace the factory panels and I can have them painted to match the interior.F2066F9E-7144-4350-9FA9-1CC4B9178667_zps

Posted
1 hour ago, LoudPackRacing said:

Yeah it’s wire to the alternator. Is that an issue?

Wired to your battery is the proper way.

Posted
1 hour ago, LoudPackRacing said:

I did a search and came up with these, they replace the factory panels and I can have them painted to match the interior.F2066F9E-7144-4350-9FA9-1CC4B9178667_zps

Sound deaden the area behind the kick panel and the back of the kick panel and your front stage should sound better. You may have to fade forward some on your HU to balance out for the front stage to shine.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Posted
47 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Wired to your battery is the proper way.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on upgrading the battery to an XS Power with a top post to make connections easier, any thoughts on this?

  • 3 months later...
Posted

My spologies for prolonging my build, but I was have financial issues. So here is what’s been do lately:

Sky High Car Audio premium 4 channel RCA cables, Second Skin Damplier B stock, and brand new weather stripping.. I could tell a difference already from just having done the drivers side door alone. great products!!

http://8F1E1A10-BA0B-478D-A57C-69BDE0823D7E_zps

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 806 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...