6.5” Mid Bass

Sterling Frost

Hey guys and gals, I have enough bass to ruin my truck and plenty of highs, now I am looking for quality midbass. I’ve Never really focused on the mid range, and now I’m ready but I don’t know what’s the best type of speaker or woofer to use  and I’m  kinda limited to 6.5.  Right now I have 4  CT sounds component Meso 6.5’s and I have room to add about 4 more.  Once I figure out a configuration I will worry about powering them. 

I also need to know what is the best hertz range for mid bass?

Thanks

Welcome to the site. 

And do you mean mid range or mid bass because there's a difference between the two especially if your system is active or passive.

If you want sound quality go focal, morel, rainbow, hertz Millie line

If you want SPL I can't help you there as I have never bought a midrange driver for SPL. 

If you want quality midbass you'll want to sound dampening and to seal your doors. Unless you have kick panels. 

Are you competing? Do you need 8x mid range drivers??  You really haven't given much in terms of experience or background. Or your vehicles equipment list which is going to make it a little harder for people to help you. 

Also try doing a bit of research on your own so you have a better idea of what your asking.

I found this in 2 seconds on google. 

Tells you exactly what frequency for what range. 

https://www.teachmeaudio.com/mixing/techniques/audio-spectrum/

Thanks for the welcome but I’ve been here for 4 years. Been a basshead since the 90’s but I just never valued midrange until now. I’ve done plenty of research but nothing beats firsthand knowledge, that’s why I’m here. When I figure out what works best I’ll buy all the equipment needed, and I’ve got more than enough power to handle  another midrange amp.

I’m not doing competitions yet but from the start everything that I’ve done has been competition quality.

I guess I’m looking for midrange depth from about 200hz and up. I’ve thought about doing a few 6.5 subs but I didn’t want to blow money on it until I got more info. Skar makes some great little EVL 6.5’s that would be fun to work with. 

My friend has great midbass but he has 8-8” speakers and I have no room for 8’s. I want to feel a singers voice not just hear it. Same with drums. 

Thanks for the reply

On 6/11/2018 at 7:56 AM, Sterling Frost said:

Hey guys and gals, I have enough bass to ruin my truck and plenty of highs, now I am looking for quality midbass. I’ve Never really focused on the mid range, and now I’m ready but I don’t know what’s the best type of speaker or woofer to use  and I’m  kinda limited to 6.5.  Right now I have 4  CT sounds component Meso 6.5’s and I have room to add about 4 more.  Once I figure out a configuration I will worry about powering them. 

I also need to know what is the best hertz range for mid bass?

Thanks

Why are you limited to 6.5” drivers ?? Please remember, when you are dealing with midbass ... Cone area is king !!!

When you say you have four sets, are they in each door (4 door vehicle) or two sets in each door ???

frequency range is in the neighborhood of 180 htz - 70 htz. Give or take depending on application. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 hours ago, Mack187Murder said:

Well the highest female voice is at 1050hz or some shit. A males voice down a s low as 65hz so if your trying to feel voices get a driver in that range. 

Are you sure about this ??? I almost positive that Joss Stone gets a little higher than this ... closer to 15,000 htz actually.

just saying ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

14 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Are you sure about this ??? I almost positive that Joss Stone gets a little higher than this ... closer to 15,000 htz actually.

just saying ...

I was referring to voices..not singing..your most likely correct on the vocals. He's talking a out wanting to feel.them.i assumed vibrations..i was under the impression nothing vibrated in the 15000 hz range. 

21 hours ago, Sterling Frost said:

Thanks for the welcome but I’ve been here for 4 years. Been a basshead since the 90’s but I just never valued midrange until now. I’ve done plenty of research but nothing beats firsthand knowledge, that’s why I’m here. When I figure out what works best I’ll buy all the equipment needed, and I’ve got more than enough power to handle  another midrange amp.

I’m not doing competitions yet but from the start everything that I’ve done has been competition quality.

I guess I’m looking for midrange depth from about 200hz and up. I’ve thought about doing a few 6.5 subs but I didn’t want to blow money on it until I got more info. Skar makes some great little EVL 6.5’s that would be fun to work with. 

My friend has great midbass but he has 8-8” speakers and I have no room for 8’s. I want to feel a singers voice not just hear it. Same with drums. 

Thanks for the reply

A good dynamic “midrange” driver should come in either a 4” drive or a 5.25” driver for optimal capabilities. A 6.5” driver has too much cone area for true dynamic midrange no matter what the spec sheets say. When you’ been judged on midrange as much as I have, you will understand the difference. 

It will be easier to help you out by posting what you are working with ... vehicle & system because all applications are different.

7 minutes ago, Mack187Murder said:

I was referring to voices..not singing..your most likely correct on the vocals. He's talking a out wanting to feel.them.i assumed vibrations..i was under the impression nothing vibrated in the 15000 hz range. 

10 minutes in my old White Lightning ... I could turn my subs off and shou you some audiophile shit that would blow your mind brother ...

Just wait till you see what I do with this Avalanche ... 

5 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

A good dynamic “midrange” driver should come in either a 4” drive or a 5.25” driver for optimal capabilities. A 6.5” driver has too much cone area for true dynamic midrange no matter what the spec sheets say. When you’ been judged on midrange as much as I have, you will understand the difference. 

It will be easier to help you out by posting what you are working with ... vehicle & system because all applications are different.

10 minutes in my old White Lightning ... I could turn my subs off and shou you some audiophile shit that would blow your mind brother ...

Just wait till you see what I do with this Avalanche ... 

Now that I've done the whole go big or.go home.thing in my daily.driver. i wantw to do an audiophile setup next. Maybe in my wife's car. Well.talk ?

Archived