ABS Wheel Sensor ($200 Dealer Units vs $20 Amazon Units?)

I had ABS Error Code 34 (Left Rear) so I took apart my ABS Wheel Sensor to check for continuity. Turns out I need to buy a new unit.

Why are the Mechanic / Dealer prices so expensive when you could just buy one on Amazon for less than $20?

Does anyone here have good experience from the cheaper cost ABS Wheel Sensors?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Chances are the $20 Amazon wheel sensor is not the same brand name as the OEM wheel sensor that your dealership or mechanic will charge you for. 

Sure both those guys will mark up the price due to having bills to pay, but not 10 times the price, unless they are including labor with that cost which I bet it is and you didnt hear them or specify that you will do it yourself or something along those lines.

I have a hard time believing that said sensor for a Toyota Camry is $200, not when I recently replaced mine that I snapped off doing a wheel bearing was only $80 at the Cadillac dealership, and I did it myself since they are simple to replace.

Whats different with cheap parts vs expensive parts?

Umm Quality...
Cheap parts are known to not last as long, sometimes throw error codes due to poor build quality depending on the part, sometimes the brand new cheap part wont even work, they may only last a few months vs 10+ years..
That is like asking why do audiophiles buy expensive audio products when they can buy Boss, Pyle, Power Acoustik, etc for 1/32 of the price....

Install done. Took less than 5 minutes to put it on and another 2 minutes to reset the error message.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived