Second Skin Audio

port calculations

Not sure if someone has said this already but keep in mind using multiple ports wont let you use shorter ports than the port length needed. For example getting the tuning to ur desired 28hz calls for a 10 inch aero port with a length of 40 inches (just using random number) and u decide to do any amount of smaller aeros in multiples instead.....they ALL still have to be 40 inches long. 

Preemptive clarification, I like it! Download Torres Calculator and play around with box measurements and different port sizes/counts. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, start a new post requesting help designing a box and give them all of the information you gave us, along with the maximum dimensions you have available in your vehicle for your box, and someone should help you out.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

1 minute ago, Hellbilly429 said:

Preemptive clarification, I like it! Download Torres Calculator and play around with box measurements and different port sizes/counts. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, start a new post requesting help designing a box and give them all of the information you gave us, along with the maximum dimensions you have available in your vehicle for your box, and someone should help you out.

Lol yup, i always mention it when someones wondering about aero ports becuase i used to think i would be able to use for example four 10inch long aero ports to get the necessary 40inch port length.

Agreed. Basically, when it comes to ports, I assume the more cumbersome option is most likely the correct one.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived