Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Hardware for custom car audio setup


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

I am trying to build a 4 speaker + bass audio setup for my old car that has none.

The one requirement is that the audio comes from a standard stereo 3.5mm jack. It might come from a phone or something else, but that will be the source.

What I don't know, don't have any experience with, and don't even really know where to start looking, is: Once the audio comes in, what hardware (amps?) can send properly receive and split that audio up to the 2 left, 2 right, and bass speakers in the car? I don't care about front/back balance. The incoming audio is only stereo, anyways.

Looking for something on the cheaper side. Don't need to blow anyone away, just want to listen to music in my car with my custom setup. :)

 

Thanks

Posted

Do you have a stock head unit in your car right now? or is it an aftermarket head unit?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

Well... if you insist, it's a 1974 BMW 2002 with no audio anything in it. Custom raspberry pi + touch screen setup on a custom center console. I just want my audio from my custom music interface to be able to play on some speakers through the 3.5mm jack on the pi.

Are there cheaper options than 300 bucks? What kind of amp hardware am I looking for, feature/specification-wise, so that I know what I am looking for and can research on my own as well?

Posted

honestly any 5 channel will work to power your 4 speakers in stereo + sub,  you just get a long enough 3.5mm to rca cable to reach from the pi to the amp and you should be fine.  granted the pi doesn't have the higher rca voltages of most aftermarket headunits, but it'll get the job done jsut fine for what you're doing

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...