guero187 Posted August 12, 2018 Report Posted August 12, 2018 I recently got a dd1 and i was trying to figure out what the max volume was for my head unit before distortion. so therefore the x over got reset and I dont know where to sit it at. her are some pics for reference https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xXkCb-_HJpowJwzxXnrL12RB6QggkvNs/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWBQEA5jHUYUmBWxsRaEvKYJaMECon2w/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yuZf9Rvy357uDVjuLDdsfzixwA24JyDY/view?usp=sharing thank you for anyone replying
Joshdashef Posted August 15, 2018 Report Posted August 15, 2018 Background info - skip if you know it LPF = Low Pass Filter (Allows only frequencies below a set frequency) HPF = High Pass Filter (Allows only frequencies above a set frequency) Crossovers can vary with preferences but I found the manual included with the DD-1 to be quite helpful when deciding what to run your crossovers at. (Page 15 Crossover Frequency Suggestions / Page 16 Subsonic Filter Suggestions) For me, I found setting the following to be the best for my setup, but you should consider the drivers you have in your setup and alter these to your preferences. The one difference between my setup and yours is I have no rear speakers. Only a component set up front and subwoofers in my trunk. Subwoofer LPF at 80 Hz / 12dB slope Mids LPF at 3.15k / 18 db slope | Mids HPF at 100 / 18 db slope Highs HPF at 4k / 24 db slope SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.