Toby Ratcliffe Posted August 14, 2018 Report Posted August 14, 2018 My issue is that I keep breaking head units due to the heat and vibration of my motorcycle. The specific circumstances that cause this are that I am running a single din marine head unit in an ABS fairing on a 2016 Road King through a Soundigital amp to four 5.25" coaxial speakers. When everything is working correctly, it sounds ok, and is loud enough to hear at 70+ mph. However I just burnt through my 2nd head unit since I installed this fairing onto my bike. I would like to fix this by eliminating the head unit all together and running a DAC that will pull audio from my iPhone 6 (will upgrade with new iphone coming this fall) lightning port and charge it at the same time. However, the only affordable solution I have found so far is the 12V iStreamer from HRT that Doug over at Soundman used for his ipad installs. Is there any other option I am not thinking about, and are there any options for a remote volume knob as well. I would ultimately like to fabricate an ABS plate to fill the head unit hole in the fairing and put on a quad lock attachment for my phone, and only have a lighting cable coming out of the abs, a volume knob, and a power switch, since I am not running keyed power.
bsneon98 Posted August 15, 2018 Report Posted August 15, 2018 never dealt with any motorcycle issues before. but out of curiosity and some quick searches i found this: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_109361_NVX-MVPA4-Micro-Amp-XUBT3-Universal-Bluetooth-Controller.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping-campaign-goal-optimized-nvx&utm_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-8nbBRBnEiwAqWt1zWBchX2C9SY2JiZUHyULicTWLZH9uzq24i_t61-ZA8xcD-ap6GEgKxoCHlgQAvD_BwE Its not 100% a solution to you already having an amp but may be a better approach to your system issues Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.