Second Skin Audio

08 GMC Acadia Sub Setup

timc31610

Hey guys, I just got an 08 GMC Acadia and I want to add a little lower end to my existing Bose factory setup. Not looking for a ground pounder by any means. This is a family vehicle and I need to keep as much rear storage space as possible. So with that in mind I was leaning toward two Massive Audio Hippo XL 64's in a 4th order, so that the subs aren't exposed and I can pile luggage on top of the enclosure when necessary. Can anyone help with ported/sealed space recommendations as well as tuning? The space I have available is 46"W x 13"D x 13"H. Would like to stay under 9"H if at all possible. Thank you in advance!

I have tried to find specs for those subs, the link on MA's site only shows specs for the 8 inch and up. Can I use the ported and sealed specs for the box or is that not optimal for a 4th? I know tuning would be a different.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I am thinking a single Skar ZVX-8 D4 in a 4th order. I plotted it in Winisd but truthfully I have no clue what I am looking at. Could I get some input? I generally see recommendations in the 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. I assumed it was ported to sealed but Winisd has the sealed side larger.

Acadia 4th.JPG

the graph looks pretty good but once you put it in the vehicle that will change drastically. Why stuck on the 4th? I would just do a regular ported or sealed enclosure and make it down firing so you can pile shit on the box.

Ok, so I'm thinking a single 8, ported, downfiring. Same sub as above. Any recommendations on port tuning and area? I want the widest bandwidth possible and to play fairly low.

Archived