Second Skin Audio

Skar EVL65 help!

Ebnickell

I thought I would experiment any pickup a few of these subs for a project. Running a pair of them in an L port box tuned to 38hz. I have a sub that seem to make a “pop” noise when played at medium volume. I pulled both subs out of the enclosure to watch them run “free air”,  With the two subs side by side, they visibly play differerent. The sub without issue seems to have alot  more excursion throw over the other one that makes the strange noise. The voice coil feels smooth, and don’t have any scratching. Another thing...  when I tap on the rubber surround, the bad speaker will make a “chirp” noise. I since sent it back to Skar Audio, and they said “nothing was wrong, and it tested fine”. I bought another speaker off of Amazon while I was waiting for the return to come back, and it doesn’t have the issues that I have had with the other subs since day 1. 

Does anyone have any experience with these subs? 

Generally speaking Skar are decent cheap subs and most people won't have any issues with them if not abused as far as I know,  if you had a bad experience and you know for sure it's not your fault, buy from a different manufacturer next time, it's always a good idea to get higher end stuff, actually can improve your luck. 

Every company has a few bad products that make it to consumers. Ive gotten brand new tvs that were broken out the box. Just get a refund and use the other good 1 u ordered.

Archived