Second Skin Audio

Help with box design

Jzzt

8 hours ago, Twistedmister said:

that 8 high is killin ya.  if you mounted the sub normal wouldn't you have more height to play with?

Have an air tank there for suspension, the only way to mount the sub normally would be to make an L shaped box. Not 100% sure how to design the port with a box like that though.

Little side view diagram attached.

Untitled.png

What are the measurements If you just dont take the box all the way to the air pump?  Then how far up can you go?  39x39 is really big.  You could probably cut off that whole section out of the box and still have plenty of airspace.  Gimme that number and I can get you a rough number for total air space.   What are the dims hxwxd if you lose that whole section. 

23 minutes ago, Twistedmister said:

What are the measurements If you just dont take the box all the way to the air pump?  Then how far up can you go?  39x39 is really big.  You could probably cut off that whole section out of the box and still have plenty of airspace.  Gimme that number and I can get you a rough number for total air space.   What are the dims hxwxd if you lose that whole section. 

Going to go take some measurements outside now.

The reason I wanted to go with the 8" tall box is to be able to see the air tank, albeit with an inverted subwoofer in front.

Also, Skar includes dimensions for a 32Hz tune, which in torres gives me dimensions of 39"x19"x8" (inc port).

I'm guessing it won't need to be much bigger to tune it down to 30Hz.

EVL-12 32Hz.png

Measured the trunk, here's what I gathered.

From before, biggest 8" tall box: 39x39x8 = 7.04 cu ft.

Since trunk opening isn't square, biggest box that will fit without using the space under the tank is 32x27x16 = 8 cu ft.

If the tank wasn't there I could have around another 12" which would make it 32x39x16 = 11.55 cu ft.

From the looks of the dimensions I think I'm going to stick with the 8" tall box with the inverted sub.

trunk measure.jpg

37 minutes ago, mestapho said:

Unless you are going to build the box in the trunk, I suggest mocking up a box and test fitting it to make sure

it'll fit through the trunk opening.

Yes, I put some cardboard together the other day and I know around the size I need 39W x 20D x 8H fits through the opening.

I just want exact measurements including the port walls so I can build the box.

Archived