Second Skin Audio

Subs I picked up the other day

Bret

I might do a build log. Honestly, I've always had bad luck on forums and don't know what to expect from this one, I'm pretty new here. I can take criticism well, but I get tired of the BS. This one seems good so far.

I wan't to put this in my '96 Volvo 960 wagon but it started making some pretty bad noises the other day and it might be a cam howling. As far as I know they don't have cam bearings on these motors and if the cam has a clearance issue I'm going to go ahead and save up for another wagon of some sort.

My sub amp is a Zapco ST850xm II. I'm currently running 2 Punch P2D2-10's ported and not digging that setup. I love the amp, just not hitting the lows with any authority. The enclosure is a cheap prefab piece of garbage tuned to something way to high.

Hopefully my car is repairable. I have accumulated a bunch of stuff to install and was really looking forward to doing it.

This is a pretty good forum. Most of the guys on here are pretty knowledgable but are also strait forward. Its good you can take criticism. Just b open to ideas. Those 10s would perform way better in an enclose built to spec.

Yeah I figured when I got the cheap prefab one it wouldn't work out. I was just trying to figure out if I could tolerate a ported enclosure at all after having only sealed ones my whole life. It turns out the ported one, even though its not really correct, still sounds a whole lot better to me that these did in the sealed box I had.

Archived