Second Skin Audio

2 12" Subwoofer Box design help

tcast305

Yes there are 45 deg cuts on both port internal parts, the 45 on the extension part can be rounded, in the front to back part you can do it rounded as well but then the 45 on the port needs to be smaller so that there's 5 1/2" width at the turn just as I stated in the previous post.

Joe X,

Ok so now I feel embarrassed. I'm glad I did what you suggested. I built a cardboard box to the size of box, and it doesn't fit ?‍♂️. Its too wide to fit thru the opening of the trunk. The max width that I can get thru the trunk opening is 36", the height and depth are fine. 

Is it still possible to keep the tuning of 34Hz? The depth can be up to 23" (the less the better however, if possible), the height is maxed out already at 16".

Thanks. 

See if this can work for you, spec is untouched at this point, the 45 inside the port will be the same size and don't worry it's very fast and effortless for me to make adjustments:

Power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2wolsfpf.jpg

2_x_12_PFSF_alt_assmbly.jpg

Joe X,

Thanks for the updated design, this should work well. I'm assuming that the 3x pieces in the corners are the same width as before correct?

Two 2 1/2" x 14 1/2" and one 5 5/8" x 14 1/2" .

Also for the spacing for the subs on the front board, is it possible for you to list the center point for each sub width wise? 

And lastly since the front boards are doubled, can I have the sub diameter cut oversized on the outer board so the subs sits recessed?

Thanks. 

Yes remember the 5 5/8" is only valid if the front to back piece has that 45 deg cut at the turn.

Here are the locations of the subs in the baffle:

front.jpg

On the recessed subs I wouldn't do it but you can, likely there will be no difference.  

• 3 weeks later...

Joe X,

I've got all my equipment in, about to start the build. I found a shop that does CNC wood cutting. I'm trying to get a quote for the MDF to be cut, they are asking for the design in DXF or DWG format. Does the software you have that designs the box also export to those vector formats?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived