Jump to content

CMN Extralife LAN party build


Recommended Posts

Posted

We had our event this year with larger turn out and raised 7500$ for the local children's hospital. I will try to get some pictures uploaded later on.

 

20191102_103042

 

Under Construction

Posted

switches

67764164_2568251013219941_5394576763131002880_o

 

Rack setup

73304984_2740341746010866_4071594185898065920_o

LAN Setup

73326008_2741559905889050_2090987081252732928_o

 

74159586_2741560019222372_6308381203393150976_o

 

We tried something to add to the event this year with a D&D one shot campaign it went well I thought.

75557445_2742420512469656_1844730840664244224_o

 

75635879_2742420725802968_25644072903376896_o

 

Under Construction

Posted

Looks like a nice build and a fun LAN to go to. I just recently went to a bigger 3 day LAN in Kansas City. It wasn't a traditional one, they had a bunch of cosplay girls there doing performances and a few bands as well, it as actually a terrible combination for those attending the LAN, I was playing in a PUBG tournament and I couldn't hear anything cause the music and stuff was so loud... at the end of the tournament some girl disconnecting her PC from the switch had pulled the main Ethernet cord for the entire switch and took about 7 people out of the 17 that were still in the game. I wish my LAN was half as fun as the one you went to. 

Posted

The way I wired the building the cables drop directly to the switch on one end and the other has network jacks in a surface mount box with 6 jacks per box. No one is allowed near the switch rack during the event as it also houses servers for LAN games and to prevent issues like you had. Daylight savings hit that night so it turned into a 25 hour event.

Under Construction

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 520 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...