Sonic Electronix

Skar Audio sk-3500 power hungry?

Hello all I drive a 2015 malibu 2.5l and Im going to install a Skar sk3500d and try to run off stock alt because an upgraded alt is a little out of my price range at this time. So with that being said does anyone have any solutions to keeping voltage up while running this Power hungry amp?

SK-3500.1D_grande.jpeg

If your gonna run high power you gotta have a high power supply. With a mids highs amp your probly lookn at 4k total. Your gonna need a ho alt with at least 2 big reserve batts. Have u looked at the rp3500 from skar? Would save u some money towards the alt.

52 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

If your gonna run high power you gotta have a high power supply. With a mids highs amp your probly lookn at 4k total. Your gonna need a ho alt with at least 2 big reserve batts. Have u looked at the rp3500 from skar? Would save u some money towards the alt.

yeah Im looking now online I have already purchased an SK3500 but whats the difference? Im on Skar website and specs look the same if not a little better on the RP   so Im confused as to why the sk is $120 more expensive?

Keep the sk. Way better parts and build house. Same manufacturer (S&I) but rp is Chinese and sk is Korean. You need an alt and at least 2 AGM batteries (starter and system dedicated) to run an amplifier capable of pulling 250+ amps of current. That's more than double your alternator rating alone. Gotta pay to play... Literally. 

Archived