Pelihagen Posted November 11, 2018 Report Posted November 11, 2018 Hello, my name is Pelihagen and I'm new to the forum. ? I'm about to purchase the DD-1 I've heard so many good things about. But I have a question regarding the device on Amazon. Link: https://www.amazon.com/Meade-Designs-SMD-DD-1-Distortion/dp/B00802PJ7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541967013&sr=8-1&keywords=SMD+DD-1 As you can see, it says "Royalsell" on it, is this a fake/cheap knock-off? Or is it the real deal? It seems to be the only one available for shipping to Norway on Amazon. My second question is how would I use it when I have two amplifiers strapped (Link-mode, one slave and one master). I have drawn a picture to give a better illustration. Do I just disconnect all the speaker wires, and put the positive probe to the master amp's (+), then the negative on the (-) on the master amp too? I'm very confused on how to go on about this, I've been searching a lot for answers, but I'm still not 100% sure, so I wanted to ask here just to be 100% certain. ? *My apologies in advance if this is the wrong part of the forum to post*
KCK Jukebox Posted November 11, 2018 Report Posted November 11, 2018 You remove the speaker wires and tune like normal just the master amp. And thats the real deal sold by steve
Pelihagen Posted November 11, 2018 Author Report Posted November 11, 2018 Just now, KCK Jukebox said: You remove the speaker wires and tune like normal just the master amp. And thats the real deal sold by steve Thank you for the info. I will order it asap.
ckeeler11 Posted November 16, 2018 Report Posted November 16, 2018 I would say its fake. the real one is for sale here: https://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-distortion-detector-dd-36.html
Pelihagen Posted November 16, 2018 Author Report Posted November 16, 2018 2 hours ago, ckeeler11 said: I would say its fake. the real one is for sale here: https://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-distortion-detector-dd-36.html I ordered it and it arrived last Thursday. It was the real deal. ? Says SMD on it instead of "RoyalSell". It was sold by SkyHighCarAudio. And it was my only option shipping-vise.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.