DC Power alt low voltage on cold start up

What vehicle is this? Maybe your turn-on signal takes longer to turn the alt on, or maybe even an issue with the alt itself, which is easily provable if when you reinstall the stock alt to test that, you dont continue to have the same issue. In which case, contact the manufacturer of the problem alt

Then either your alt is the issue if the stock alt doesnt have the same issue, or you have loose/poor connections. There is nothing for that year that will affect you having an aftermarket alt. My money is the alt. Got a buddy with a chevy full size you can try it with in their vehicle?

Not with the same body style.. I've got a 2012 also but that I'm pretty sure has pcm stuff going on with the voltage regulation and all that.. and I think it has a different mount for the alternator as well but I haven't really looked.. I'm gonna double check the connections again, and I actually added another ground from the battery to the alternator mounting bolt.( I've got the big 3 already) Read that on one of the threads somewhere for an issue on a Honda with the same issue lol. Who knows but if they didn't find anything wrong before I'm worried I might have to scrap the new alternator all together.. or only run it in the summer .. which is a waste for what they cost.. thanks for the input tho I've been trying to find anything else it could be besides the alternator....wish I didn't have to wait until the early am to see if anything changes

Archived