Second Skin Audio

4th order wall layout styles

Walled_accord

Going to building a 4th wall in a couple of weeks but i have one big dilemma. 

What should the layout be??????

So what ive been wondering is if there is any advantage of laying out the baffle in and specific way. Is the common way of having the baffle running the length of the vehicle with a driver side port better than a different design? Subs down firing with a top port? Subs firing in towards each other and a center port? What would you do and why? The main goal with the car is windy while still doing decent numbers. It will also mainly be a demo car. So whats your opinion and why?  

Thinking about a 4th wall myself in an 04 Maxima. Mine will have most of the sealed section in the trunk with 2 subs firing like a trunk wall and 2-12" subs inverted with the motors facing the driver and passenger. Kinda T shaped sealed section. The ported section will basically be a 9-10ft³ box sitting where my back seats used to be. This design allows for 4-12's and a 2:1 ratio. Should get down nicely.

Another option would be subs all inverted firing down in a traditional rectangular box on top of a false floor where the seats used to be and the rest obviously around that. Only problem would be space restrictions. Jmo

Archived